Happy Labor Day! For all that we do for our communities, our families, our industry & our teams, please do not forget about taking care of OURselves this holiday weekend. So many rely on us, we owe it to them all to continue being Servant Leaders. We do that in part, by pausing, breathing & resting this weekend, so we can continue as “laborers of love” in the Fitness Industry.
Check out this short video and give yourself …“Time to Celebrate the Value of Work” …for Labor Day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUxRHzMLKc
- The first General Holiday for Laboring Classes was on September 5, 1882
- Labor activists pushed for this holiday in the 19th century according to the US DOL to recognize contributions made by laborers to America’s strength, prosperity, and WELL-BEING.
- Credit goes to Peter McGuire and Matthew Maguire, not related, who represented carpenters and machines for founding Labor Day in 1882.
- The first state to pass Labor Day into law was Oregon in, 1987 followed by Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York.
- President Grover Cleveland signed into law the National Holiday, Labor Day in June 1894 following 23 states who declared the first Monday in September as Labor Day.
Thank you Al Noshirvani, Jon Brody, and Francesca Schuler, the originators of the Fitness Industry Club Leader’s group in March of 2020; also Gale Landers, Brent Darden, and Rick Caro all for Laboring on our behalf on these calls and beyond.