In this week’s meeting with Health Club Leaders throughout the country, attendees were asked to close their eyes during our closing comments and imagine what Erik Weihenmayer must go through each and every day, then imagine doing the following blind:
- He, along with a blinded Navy veteran, kayaked the entire 277 miles of the Grand Canyon, considered one of the most formidable white water locations in the world.
- He was the first blind person to reach the summit of Mt. Everest.
- He climbed the Seven Summits, “The Explorers Grand Slam”, which is the highest mountains of all 7 continents and was one of less than 200 in the WORLD at the time to do so and the 1st one blind.
- He climbed the nose of El Capitan in Yosemite.
- He climbed a Vertical Ice Face in the Himalayas.
- He is a motivational speaker whose company No Barriers theme is “No Barriers Life”. The below YouTube video is well worth the 6 minutes you spend watching and the best 6 minutes of inspiration you might spend this year. Learn about his 7 Elements of a Breakthrough to better understand his quote that…
“What’s Within You Is Stronger Than What’s In Your Way.”
- (150) Erik Weihenmayer on the No Barriers Life – YouTube